How to add new shows, missing episodes and movies to Simkl?
Can't find TV Show, Anime or a Movie on Simkl?
Please keep in mind that it might take 24 hours to index the data from those sources to be discoverable in search using its Title as we update our search index once every 24 hours. In the meantime, if we have already added the show but it's not in search (by Title), it can be discovered using Search by IMDB, MAL, TMDB, TVDB, ANIDB URL, or ID.
Search by URL
Please be aware that for TV shows and movies to be successfully imported into Simkl, an English translation of the title must be provided in TVDB and TMDB.
- 1.Identify the missing content: Determine if the missing content is a TV show, an anime, or a movie, as this will dictate which database you should update.
- 3.Search for the missing content. Before you add the content, make sure it isn't already in the database. Search for the TV show or movie on the appropriate website. If you found the item on those websites, try searching its URL in Simkl Search. If it's not there, proceed to the next step.
- 4.Add the missing content:For TMDB (movies):
For TVDB (TV shows):
- To edit Movie descriptions, IDs, and metadata, on TMDB movie page click "Overview" > "Edit".
- Optionally, you can also add other details like a poster, overview, cast, and crew.
- To edit TV Show info, on TVDB show page click the Green button with a Gear icon > Edit.
- Optionally, you can also add other details like a poster, overview, and genre.
What to do if TVDB displays that the TV Show is locked or there's incorrect info about the episode?
If you cannot find a way to edit the episode details or the show is locked, you can create a support ticket at https://support.thetvdb.com/ and provide a detailed description of the issue you think needs to be fixed for the show.
For ANIDB (anime):
- Make sure to add anime episodes on Anidb and their release dates as well. To add episode data click the Anidb link in the anime summary to find that anime on Anidb.
- 1.Wait for approval: TMDB, TVDB, and ANIDB have a moderation process to ensure the accuracy of the information submitted. It may take a few hours or even a few days for your submission to be reviewed and approved.
- 2.Check Simkl: Once the missing content has been approved and added to the appropriate database, Simkl should automatically update its listings. Give it some time for the data to sync and then search for the TV show or movie on Simkl.
Remember that Simkl relies on the accuracy and completeness of TMDB, TVDB, and ANIDB data, so any changes you make will also benefit the entire community.
If you found the show, episode, or movie that's on TVDB, TMDB, or ANIDB but it's still not in Simkl when searching by URL, or there's something we need to update\fix on our site, please report it on our Discord
#bugs-missing-shows-movieschannel or by contacting us through https://support.simkl.org
When you add a new show to TVDB or a movie to TMDB it usually takes around 24-48 hours before it appears in the Simkl search index using title search. This is because Simkl updates its search index daily. However, even if the show isn't immediately searchable by title on Simkl, you can still find it by using the TVDB or TMDB URL, once it has been imported to Simkl before it is searchable by title.